Saturday, August 18, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Berry Pudding

Do you like the consistency of pudding and gel foods?  A pudding recipe I love is chocolate chia seed protein pudding.  I'm also a fan of putting chia seeds in drinks (water to tea to smoothies) so that it forms a gel like consistency.  What about you? I have another recipe for a delicious pudding that I LOVE!  This one is chocolate pudding and would also be great for kids.  Unlike the boxed kind in the store, there are no artificial ingredients, it is high in fiber, vitamins and minerals and protein.  It is loaded with fruits, so no need for extra sugar.  The recipe is from One Green Planet's Raw Chocolate Berry Pudding.

Ingredients:
  • 1 banana
  • 1 large handful frozen strawberries
  • 1 large handful blueberries
  • 3-5 dates or prunes (I used prunes)
  • 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 tablespoons cacao
  • 1/4 cup non-dairy milk (or more, add as needed) (I used soy)
  • 1 tablespoon nut butter/coconut oil to make it creamy
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (My optional addition)
 Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients together until silky smooth.  Top with optional fresh mint leaves.  Serves 2-3.  The consistency is like a thick smoothie.  It is sweet with a subtle chocolate flavor.  Delicious breakfast, summer treat or post workout recovery snack.
 Another favorite pudding recipe is a Turkish gum pudding.  I was lucky enough to have it in Istanbul, and it was so good!  Although not as healthy ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment