Tuesday, October 11, 2011

B + F Burgers and the Boardwalk

Wow, I have been in Kuwait for a month already!  For those who commented on my first post, I appreciate hearing from you.  A lot of people asked about running/exercising here.  I usually run at least once a day, sometimes twice.  There is a board walk on the Persian Gulf that is about 1 block away from my flat that is gorgeous during sunrise or sunset with a breeze coming off the water.  This picture is from the boardwalk I took one morning.  There is a great view of the skyline in Kuwait, and the architecture of the buildings is so unique and beautiful.  I also go to the gym at the Holiday Inn about 1 kilometer away.  They also have a nice outdoor pool area that has WIFI access, and I sometimes use for my "office" :-).

 Recently, I went to the restaurant Burger + Fries Open Flame Kitchen restaurant.  It is located in the 360 mall, which is hands down THE MOST GORGEOUS mall I have ever been to.  The architecture is unbelievable.  B + F is one of the "hip" places to eat, and it is always packed.  It has gotten good reviews, so again my expectations were high for the food quality.  The ambiance was groovy; it definitely is geared towards the younger crowd.  The menu had some good choices from grilled pizza, of course burgers, fries and other specialties.  I ended up ordering white fish with sweet potato (no surprise to those who know me- one of my favorites!).  Our table ordered a variety of food that we all sampled.  Over all, I was not at all impressed with the food.  The fries were unbelievably soggy with grease, hamburgers were just ok.  My fish was pretty good, but nothing creative about it.  The bruschetta appetizer was good, but again nothing special or unique about it.  The quail cigars appetizers were unique, but they tasted frozen and blah.  The wood fired pizza crust was paper thin and undesirable texture.

So, the hunt continues for some quality, not grease ladden healthy food in Kuwait.  It amazes me how many restaurants there are...... lots more to try.  Until next time......   



  

No comments:

Post a Comment